Re: [Repost] Fix userspace compilation of ip_tables.h/ip6_tables.h in C++ mode

On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 10:13:43PM -0600, Matthew Weber wrote:
> Re-posting a link to a patch that was posted to lkml & linux-netdev at
> first, then posted to netfilter-devel.
>
> http://marc.info/?t=134904906300003&r=1&w=1
>
> It seems to have been rejected:   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/188216/
>
> We're building a custom C++ application which pulls in the iptables
> header that requires this change.  We wanted to see if we could get it
> incorporated so we don't carry the patch as part of our build.

I'm reticent to apply a kernel patch to resolve C++ compilation
issues. You can easily fix this by keeping a cached copy of this
header file in your userspace application.

What existing C++ FOS software is using the native binary iptables
interface?

> I can gladly resubmit the patch but the one in patchworks is still
> correct.

I guess you're using an older kernel version, this nows resides in
include/uapi/linux.