Re: ebtables issue in compat mode

Sharat Masetty schreef op 3/05/2014 3:06:
Thanks for the suggestions, I will dig into it and see if I can
provide relevant logs here.

Do we have to enabled this define in the userspace?
KERNEL_64_USERSPACE_32, Tried enabling it and it fails at some other
location in the kernel. So its unclear whether to enable this or
not...

That option was introduced and has only been tested for Sparc32/64, so odds are it doesn't work for your setup (note that you need the ebtables.h version that comes with the ebtables userspace package). But a hack similar to that will probably make it work for you (it's a matter of getting the offsets of the struct members right and translating 32-bit pointers into 64-bit pointers). I thought the whole compat layer would make this stuff irrelevant. Guess not.

cheers,
Bart