Re: ebtables issue in compat mode

Sharat Masetty schreef op 1/05/2014 18:09:
We are using a 3.10.0 kernel version which has CONFIG_COMPAT enabled.
The ebtables version is 2.0.10-4.  This is arm 63/32 not x86.
I also have another question. Do we need to compile the userspace tool
using the sanitized kernel headers?(uapi/linux) or should we be using
headers provided in the ebtables user space package? The reason for
asking this question is that I see some differences in the structure
definitions between the ebtables packaged kernel header files and the
header files exposed by the kernel.

The kernel should be backwards compatible, so using the provided header files should be fine.

cheers,
Bart