Re: ebtables issue in compat mode

Sharat Masetty <sharat04@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am seeing a problem when running ebtables in 32bit userspace and 64
> bit kernel space mode.
>
> The command I am trying to run is
> ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -p IPv4 -j DROP
>
> Here is the log message I am seeing in userspace

[..]

> I noticed that setsockopt() is failing . The message is also printed
> in kernel – Standard target size too big . This occurs because there
> is a mismatch in the size of the structures ebt_standard_target which
> is 48 bytes in kernel and 40 bytes in userspace.
>
> Can someone help us fix this issue?

Please provide more information.

Works fine for me on x86_64 with 32 bit binary:
# ~/bin32/ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -p IPv4 -j DROP
# echo $?
0
ebtables -L shows
Bridge chain: BROUTING, entries: 1, policy: ACCEPT
-p IPv4 -j DROP

as expected.  Linux 3.13.11 x86_64.

Are you using an old kernel without ebt compat support?