Re: fix for userspace expectations

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The main change is the following: You have to use the iptables CT target
> with the option --userspace-helper in the raw table of prerouting.

Patches to the iptables man page would be helpful.

Your example passes all traffic through the CT target.

Is that necessary? Can I match just tcp packets on the ports used by
the protocol who's connections are being tracked? Can the CT target be
used in the filter table?

>> Can you suggest a reliable way to reproduce the crash? I only saw it

Can you suggest a reliable way to reproduce the crash?

>> once, and have no way to reproduce reliably, so no way to assure you
>> the patch fixes the problem, I can only tell you if my code continues
>> to work correctly.
>
> I sent an email to describe the problem to the ML. Every expectation

Perhaps this was private email with some other netfilter devs? I can't
find it in the archives:

http://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&w=2&r=1&s=pablo&q=b

Cheers,
Sam