Re: ctnetlink kernel dump while running multiple libnfct clients

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29/03/11 20:52, Sam Roberts wrote:
>> Even if that happened, why would that helper have a NULL name?
>
> My guess is that this is not related to the backtrace that you sent, the
> problem must be elsewhere.

> I never used the user-space expectations with permanency.

The version running when the kernel died didn't set permanent: the output shows
no sign of a helper associating with my userspace expectations.

>>> Please, send me the code so I can reproduce the problem here.

For what its worth, my prototype is here:

https://github.com/sam-github/libnet/blob/master/lua/echoconntracker
https://github.com/sam-github/libnet/blob/master/lua/echoserver
https://github.com/sam-github/libnet/blob/master/lua/echoclient

You have to build the whole libnet (and yes, this code has nothing to
do with libnet, and I'll rip it out somewhere else RSN).

>> Its not reproduceable, it seems more like a race condition leaving
>> pointers in an undefined state. Maybe printing of expectations while
>> expectations are being created/destroyed?
>
> Let me check this.

When this happened, I was running the prototype conntracker, and
several instances of conntrack -E (for each table). I typed a
conntrack -L command, and the kernel died after I hit ENTER. Could be
unrelated to that, but seems suspiciously coincidental that the
backtrace shown reflects something I did (it looks related to printing
conntracks). Still, you would know better than me what the kernel does
when things go wrong.

Thanks,
Sam