Re: rules matching ipv6 prefix addrs

H. Peter Anvin a écrit :
> On 11/03/2010 06:52 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>> I take it you mean a setup where addresses are automatically assigned
>> (DHCPv6, PPP).

6to4 with the prefix based on a variable IPv4 address, fail-over setup
using links with different prefixes...

> DHCPv6, PPP, RA, anything.

AFAIK PPP only assigns the IPv6 link local addresses so it is not an
issue, and the global prefix must be configured by other means such as
DHCPv6.

> Keep in mind that "expect prefix changes" is
> a deliberate part of the IPv6 systems design.

I have been using IPv6 for a few years now, and was not aware this was a
design feature. I know two ISPs here that provide IPv6, both assign a
fixed prefix. Also AFAIK IPv6 tunnel brokers assign fixed prefixes. In
my mind, "dynamic" does not necessarily mean "variable".

> Consider for example the case where I get from my ISP the netblock
> 2001:0db8:ac10::/48.  I subnet this internally with subnet numbers
> prefixed by /52 security domains, i.e 2001:0db8:ac10:0000::/52,
> 2001:0db8:ac10:1000::/52 and so forth.

/52 is quite unusual. AFAIK stateless autoconfiguration requires a
prefix length of /64.

> Accordingly, my ip6tables would
> contain rules as to what kind of traffic can flow between these prefixes.
>
> Now, the upstream (ISP-assigned) prefix changes to 2001:6b2f:1705::/48.
> RA will handle reassigning addresses to actual downstream hosts, but
> things that explicitly encode IPv6 addresses need to be changed, and
> that includes ip6tables, in this case these rules now need to refer to
> 2001:6b2f:1705:0000::/52, 2001:62bf:1705:1000::/52 and so on.

Are you talking about rules on the router which subnets the block, or on
downstream hosts ?
Also, is each subnet prefix on a separate link ?
Could you provide an example of such rules ?