Re: arptables 0.0.3-4 build fixes

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Tuesday 2010-03-16 14:16, Bart De Schuymer wrote:
>>> from my side two build patches for arptables.
>>>
>>> (1) Do not call install with -o or -g, because it makes unprivileged
>>> installs (used by build chroots) fail. Autotools does not use -o or -g
>>> either, so the usage is consistent and does what was inteded when root
>>> is running `make install`.
>>>
>>> (2) Fixing all the compiler warnings that turned up about printf
>>> formatting and strict-aliasing.
>> Someone once insisted using this -o -g usage long ago and no
>> distributors have complained about it yet,
>
> Fedora ships arptables_jf, which does not use -o,-g, thus does not have
> a problem to report.
>
> OpenSUSE shipped arptables_jf. I moved it back to arptables
> because the jf fork is in an uncertain state.

Yeah, too bad Redhat was so mysterious about this. The command line
options aren't even compatible. I wouldn't mind if arptables_jf became
the version used by all distros, but I'll maintain my own version as
long as it's used. On my laptop arptables_jf version 0.0.8 segfaults
with -L (built from sources).
I'll remove the -o -g stuff in ebtables' and arptables' Makefiles :-)

cheers,
Bart

--
Bart De Schuymer