Re: ulogd extension

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:11:05AM +0100, Fred Leeflang wrote:
> Yes I was looking at those although I looked at the ulogd 1 source and
> only very briefly at ulogd 2, looking at those actually gave somebody
> else in #vuurmuur the idea to check into this way. It's far easier for

Hi Fred,

I'd suggest to look only for ulogd2 if possible. The architecture is
very different, and I think adding a plugin will be far easier.

> us to make such an extension and require ulogd to run and parse
> packets for us than it is to parse a syslog text file. So if I were to
> write an extension that would do what we want it to do, could that
> extension be part of the builltin extensions of ulogd[1|2] ? I'm more
> than happy to hack something together and let the list have a look at
> it.

If the plugin is generic, it should not be a problem. Ulogd2 has 3 types
of plugins: input, filter, and output. So, from what you are telling,
I suppose it would be an input plugin ?

BTW, I don't know if it can help you, but I have written an input plugin
(UNIXSOCK) which allows to send data to ulogd2 through a unix socket,
with a script to read pcap files.
I was about to send the patches.

Regards,
Pierre