Re: user-space xtables ABI [was Re: [Fwd: Re: iptables pull request]]

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 19:06 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Sunday 2009-05-17 18:48, jamal wrote:
> >
> >If it is not public, then dont put it in libxtables otherwise I will
> >use it (and you should not complain;->)
>
> Then let me submit this one...

[..]
> If you have no reason to upgrade, you could use the exact iptables version
> m_ipt was written for.

Ok, next steps is to convince all distros to continue support iptables.
If they did there would be no problem.
Surely, apart from trying to make the world a better place, you have to
feel some responsibility in this as well, no?

cheers,
jamal