Re: (nfnl_talk: recvmsg over-run) and (nf_queue: full at 1024 entries, dropping packets(s). Dropped: 582) - bug or just some defaults increase required?

Anton VG wrote:
Pablo,
Attached is the code which triggers the case, and it does not use
threads (btw we of coase use mutexes in threaded app)

How to use it:
at first, the app created 40 queues and attaches to output. Every
first 40 created queues have assigned corrwsponding
192.168.1.{queue_num} IP address assigned to the queue.
This means, for instance when you send a file to an IP address
192.168.1.37 it flows through QUEUE 37.

Than app started the loop, where it's randomly creates and destroys
extra queues (over 40) every second.

After starting the app, you need to send a big file, say 1GB, over FTP
to anther PC with IP address from group of first 40, we used
192.168.1.37

Somewhere is the middle of sending the file it triggers the error on
queue creation.

Please make sure that you use OUTPUT chain, and you send a file from test PC.
With this test code we did trigger this both on 64 and 32 bit systems.
Kernel versions on test PC's 2.6.26.1 and 2.6.26.5

Just let me know if anything needs clarification.

void init_nfq()
 if (nfqfd>0) {
   fcntl(nfqfd,F_SETFL,O_NONBLOCK);
 } else throw "fail to set nfq nfnl fd";
}

With the current interface of libnetfilter_queue, the queue creation must be blocking to ensure serialization. I'll document this. I can add some functions to allow non-blocking queue creation but that's a different point.

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers