Re: ipt_recent misuses jiffies? misreports oldest_pkt too

Grant Coady wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:46:54 +0200, Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Indeed, its completely useless information. Actually I don't see
much use for anything in that proc file, but again, I kept it for compatiblity.

Twice you mention compatibility, should I plan on a replacement so the old code can be deprecated over time? The proc file is useful for external timebase process to remove stale IPs or inject IPs for service quota limiting. (At least, I can see a use for it that way).

The tree I pointed to includes a port of ipt_recent to IPv6 and
adds a new proc file for that. So you could just fix it for the
new proc file, that avoids all compatibility issues.

Please base your patches on

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kaber/nf-next-2.6.git

Yeah, me git-challenged ;) got to figure out how to make two trees (this and kernel) play together? Got the git dribbling in at all of 3k/s (900k objects).

Its a full tree, so you can simply compile and boot that one.
Or you can pull it into an existing clone of Linus' tree.