been a while...what happened to NFC_ALTERED?

I've hunted around a bit but can't find the answer to my question, even though it seems like it must be covered somewhere obvious - apologies in advance if I've missed it.

Here's my situation: I wrote a simple netfilter target a couple of years back, been running it on Redhat 3, 2.4 kernel successfully for quite a while. I install it on the PREROUTING chain, and I mangle UDP packets; modifiying the source and destination addresses. My code was then setting the NFC_ALTERED bit in the nf_cache of the sk_buff so that it would get re-processed by netfilter. Everything fine. Now I simply want to update my code to run on Centos 5, kernel 2.6.18 and iptables 1.4. Whoa, now I find my kernel module doesn't compile because that data structure has changed. If I remove that line of code, it compiles, but the packet forwarding does not work (and it seems like I stop getting packets routed to my target at all once I mangle the first one).

Can someone help me out? What is the new improved way of indicating that I've changed a packet's header or body so that netfilter re- examines it?