Re: iptables performance and alternatives

On Thursday 15 May 2008 14:34, Eric Leblond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thursday, 2008 May 15 at 14:21:23 +0500, Anton wrote:
> > Regarding the performance of the lookup of the iptables
> > rules for match inside the kernel, is there any plans
> > to improve the behaviour or no plans in this area yet?
>
> Nf hipac is an alternative: http://www.hipac.org/

It looks like there is almost no development, but It would
be good if i'm wrong

> > Do I miss anything?
>
> If you plan to use mark for QOS or routing why not simply
> use native classifier of tc or "ip rule" ?

Jan meant the exact case, I'm using this for shaper, so I
would need to remake scripts to use IPMARK... hopefully it
can also match networks... but this will give inflexibility
in many cases, like ports