Re: NFLOG - missing packets?

Eric Leblond wrote:
Hello,

On Saturday, 2008 May 10 at 17:50:37 +0500, Anton wrote:
Something wrong quite definitelly,
in 700Mb of the data it logs only 43Mb

I've done some test on my system and I've got similar results. Sole
difference is the ratio between logged packets and unlogged packets.
I've downloaded a 48Mo at a rate of 348.28K/s and I have the following
result :
Iptables : 33625 packets, 50383786 bits
Ulogd2 : 33272 packets 49856076 bits

As usual, size does not matter. The problem is due to some packets not
being loggued. It recall me results of Pablo's conntrackd benchmark.
After a given rate, the netlink subsystem is not able to transmit
messages.

IMHO, the main issue is that the lost (or the overrun) does not seem to be logged
somewhere.

I'm finishing a patchset to improve this and other aspects of ulogd. I'll post them to the ML soon.

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers