Re: xt_owner-xt_socket plans

Jan Engelhardt írta:
Hi,

I just remembered that xt_socket (from tproxy) does an (explicit) socket lookup. xt_owner on the other hand, takes the socket pointer from the skb -- which of course only works in the output path.

xt_owner is still in the 2.6.25 development queue, and because the two modules are similar, I thought that maybe xt_owner could be merged with xt_socket (doing a rename to xt_socket in the current net-2.6.25),
because they are quite close in their task.

That would also allow xt_owner to be used in the input path.

Opinions?

Hello,

That sounds great.

Note that the socket match depends on tproxy core, also the tproxy would be partially merged into the net-2.25 tree. This is the 9th patch in

http://people.netfilter.org/hidden/tproxy/tproxy4-2.6.24-200710190050.tar.bz2

and it is marked as experimental although the owner match is not experimental.

--
Attila
-