wait...

resulis kernel panic :(

Normal (noflooding) ping producpanic too, but not so fast.

Froshemminger aosdl.org  Mon Jan 10 15:26:19 2005
From: shemminger aosdl.org (Stephen Hemminger)
Date: Wed Apr 18 12:51:15 2007
Subject: netewith loopback

OMon, 10 Jan 2005 14:26:06 +0300 (MSK)
"Misha Labjuk" <spiked@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neteworks athe network driver interface, can it use loopback
> interface? Loopback don'havtransmit queue, it's critical?
>
> Whei try:
>
> # tc qdisc add dev lo roonetedelay 100ms
> # ping -f 127.0.0.1
> wait...
>
> resulis kernel panic :(
>
> Normal (noflooding) ping producpanic too, but not so fast.

Iworks for a whilfor me o 2.6.10. Haven't tried a heavy load.

Frol.westphal atu-bs.de  Mon Jan 17 06:12:34 2005
From: l.westphal atu-bs.d(Lukas Westphal)
Date: Wed Apr 18 12:51:15 2007
Subject: neteqdisc on imq device

Hallo,

whethtc-queue system is applied for the ingress shaping or control
of thingress traffic with imq devic(http://pupa.da.ru/imq/) it does
nocomply with thnetem-qdisc. The delay parameter of the netem qdisc
does noshow any response. Could you help clarify why iis so.

Lukas

Froshemminger aosdl.org  Tue Jan 18 17:25:52 2005
> whethtc-queue system is applied for the ingress shaping or control
> of thingress traffic with imq devic(http://pupa.da.ru/imq/) it does
> nocomply with thnetem-qdisc. The delay parameter of the netem qdisc
> does noshow any response. Could you help clarify why iis so.
>

> Lukas

I don'havtime to look at this in detail right now, since imq is not part of
thmainlinkernel.  Perhaps Patrick or one of the original authors of imq
could giva hinwhy it might not work.

--
StepheHemminger	<shemminger@xxxxxxxx>

Frokaber atrash.net  Tue Jan 18 17:36:07 2005
>>whethtc-queue system is applied for the ingress shaping or control
>>of thingress traffic with imq devic(http://pupa.da.ru/imq/) it does
>>nocomply with thnetem-qdisc. The delay parameter of the netem qdisc
>>does noshow any response. Could you help clarify why iis so.
>>

>>Lukas
>>

>I don'havtime to look at this in detail right now, since imq is not part of
>thmainlinkernel.  Perhaps Patrick or one of the original authors of imq
>could giva hinwhy it might not work.

I could imagintroublbecause netem uses skb->cb while the packet
is handled by IP (imq uses netfilter to direcpackets to thqueue).

Regards
Patrick

Frostephen.earl abt.com  Thu Jan 20 01:34:05 2005