Request for Bloom effect in Video Output

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 03:23:41PM +0300, ??????? ?????? wrote:
> > Also bloom algorithms usually require multi-pass rendering which MPlayer does
> > not support and actually is a huge pain to implement in a way that is portable
> > and fast enough.
>
> Why not to use FBOs in OpenGL - they are portable.

FBOs are useless by themselves, either you have to copy the data from them
which is uselessly slow in most implementations or you need support for
render-to-texture which last I checked was not even remotely "portable"
(not a long time ago it was actually "you can use it if you use Linux and that
specific Intel GPU that is too slow to do anything useful with it though").