SIGCONT causes fast-forwardffect

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 20:55:41 +0000
Bryan Henderson <giraffedatat gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/7/08,ete Nesbitt <pete at linux1.ca> wrote:
> >
> >   while ....
> >    do
> >      ${MPLAYER} -slave -input file=/data/cm_temp/mplayer_cmds_fifo \
> >        -quiet ${TRACK} &> /dev/null
> >    done < ${PLAY_LIST} &> /dev/null &
>
> This is probably Unix issue, not an MPlayer issue.  You should try
>eplacing the 'mplayer' command with a 'cat' of the fifo to some
>erminal and see if your commands go to that terminal.
>
> Twohings that look like they might need work; 1) -slave is
>nnecessary; 2) Mplayer's Standard Input is the file ${PLAY_LIST}.

Ya, I waslso thinking that this issue is no longer really about
mplayer.

Regardingour point #2, ${PLAY_LIST} is a list of songs to be played,
thenhe loop finds the next item as $TRACK, updates a 'now playing'
var based on $TRACK,nd sends a single flac file to mplayer as $TRACK.
It is how I grabhe current artist.

I'mhinking I may need to approach it from a different angle so I
don't needhe while-loop.

Thanksll.
-Pete