SIGCONT causes fast-forwardffect

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 13:44:20 -0500
The Wanderer <inverseparadoxt comcast.net> wrote:

> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 07, 2008t 12:47:34PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
> >
> >> Didou try redirecting stdin from a FIFO (instead of from
> >> /dev/null),nd then writing slave-mode commands to that FIFO?
> >
> > Uh,hat is what -input file=... is there for.
>
> Huh. I didemember there being an option for that, but when I looked
>t the man page the '-input' option seemed to be for something
> completelynrelated, so I assumed I'd been remembering wrong. Not
>ure what went on there...

This is my firstse of FIFO and it seems pretty straight forward
(andhould let me clean up a lot of my functions/code). I have it
functioningt the cli but when I start the player (with the same cmd)
from withinhe script, a write to the fifo file just hangs and does not
return. This happens writtingo it via script or at cli. Strange.

I'msing this in both cli and script, with $TRACK being the path to
the flacudio file.

mplayer -slave -input file=/data/cm_temp/mplayer_cmds_fifo -quiet
${TRACK} &> /dev/null

echo pause > /data/cm_temp/mplayer_cmds_fifo

Anyway, Ieally like the FIFO idea, and will work on finding why the
script-started mplayer is notetting anything write to the fifo.

Any ideasre welcome :)

Thanksveryone.
Pete