SIGCONT causes fast-forwardffect

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:29:41 -0800
Pete Nesbitt <petet linux1.ca> wrote:
> <snip>
> I have it
> functioningt the cli but when I start the player (with the same cmd)
> from withinhe script, a write to the fifo file just hangs and does
> noteturn. This happens writting to it via script or at cli. Strange.
>
> I'msing this in both cli and script, with $TRACK being the path to
>he flac audio file.
>
> mplayer -slave -input file=/data/cm_temp/mplayer_cmds_fifo -quiet
> ${TRACK} &> /dev/null
>
>cho pause > /data/cm_temp/mplayer_cmds_fifo
>
> Anyway, Ieally like the FIFO idea, and will work on finding why the
>cript-started mplayer is not letting anything write to the fifo.

I fixedhe hanging/non-return issue, I can tail the fifo file and it is
being written but not being pickedp by mplayer.

It does noteem to matter what I send mplayers stdout/err to (null or
the pipe).

So little progress anyway. Could the backgrounded while-loop that
mplayeruns in be involved? It does not seem likely, player should
stillee the pipe/file.

This ishe guts of the loop, I need to send output somewhere to get
control back when I bg it,o I think the 'done' line need to stay as
is.

  while ....
   do
     ${MPLAYER} -slave -input file=/data/cm_temp/mplayer_cmds_fifo \
       -quiet ${TRACK} &> /dev/null
   done < ${PLAY_LIST} &> /dev/null &

-Pete