Re: [RFC] MIPS: Add cacheinfo support

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016, Leonid Yegoshin wrote:

> Well, I prefer the collection of 3 flags:
>
> flush_required        - or flush to next level is required to force coherency
> between this level and next after update of this level
> invalidate_required   - or invalidate is required to force coherency between
> this level and next after update of next level
> coherent_to_level     - object is coherent with this level (only one domain of
> coherency on this level is assumed)

 A "flush" has always been an ambiguous term -- meaning anything from
"write-back", through "write-back+invalidate" to "invalidate".  What is
"flush" is supposed to exactly mean here?  If specifically any of the two
formers (the latter is obviously the other flag), then I suggest using the
respective name, or otherwise if it is meant to be generic "do what is
needed", then perhaps "synchronize" will work, like with the name of the
SYNCI instruction?

  Maciej