Re: IP27: CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE triggers bus errors

On 11/10/2014 05:51, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> can you test CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE on an IP28?
>
> All in all the R10000's TLB is unproblematic; my gut feeling is that
> rather something else specific to IP27 is spoiling the broth.
>
>   Ralf

I don't know if it's specific to IP27.  I have problems on the Octane w/ an
R14000 and CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE (instruction bus errors, needs cold
reboot to clear).  I didn't have the same issues w/ the R12000 CPU module
installed, but I did not test things as thoroughly the last time I installed
it.  I'll see about swapping the R12K module back in tonight or tomorrow and
doing the same tests as on the IP27 that can trigger problems.

--J