Re: Linux port failing on MIPS32 24Kc

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 06:17:42PM +0530, joe seb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We made the following changes and tried,
>
> -> applied the patch given by you.
> -> changed the PHYS_OFFSET to 0x10000000 to match our memory offset.
> -> cache write back mode enabled
>
> Still we face the same problem. It crashes at different points when it
> enters the user space. I have attached one of the logs.
>
> But in cache write through mode it works.

Another thought: if it works with write through, but not write back, you
may have a device driver that isn't flushing/invalidating cache appropriately
before doing DMA. This is much more important on MIPS than many other
processors.

Is this a new platform or one that has been working for a while?

David VomLehn