Re: Linux port failing on MIPS32 24Kc

Hi,

We made the following changes and tried,

-> applied the patch given by you.
-> changed the PHYS_OFFSET to 0x10000000 to match our memory offset.
-> cache write back mode enabled

Still we face the same problem. It crashes at different points when it enters the user space. I have attached one of the logs.

But in cache write through mode it works.

One comment about the patch, it tries to change the start of the valid pfn range from ARCH_PFN_OFFSET to min_low_pfn.
But in bootmem_init() present in arch/mips/kernel/setup.c, line 324,
min_low_pfn = ARCH_PFN_OFFSET;

So appears like the previous pfn_valid check was also doing something similar. Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Joe