RE: smp8634 add memory at dram1

> James Zipperer wrote:
>

>> I'm running out of memory in linux on the smp86xx and attempting to
>> implement this solution.  Did you ever get it to work?  No luck for
me
>> yet.  I'm still a bit unclear why you must switch linux to run off
DRAM
>> 1 instead of leaving it on DRAM 0 and adding an additional call to
>> add_memory_region in prom_init for DRAM 1.  But then again, I haven't

>> gotten that to work yet either :)
>>

>> Any info/patches are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>>

>Typically DRAM 1 must be accessed through the TLB as its address lays
>outside of the 512MB window of KSEG[012].
>
>The best way to make this memory available to Linux may still be up for

>debate.
>
>David Daney

I'm sure this is a dumb question due to the fact that my grasp of the
problem is less than acceptable...

Can remapped addresses (namely CPU_remap[34]_addr) be used for the call
to add_memory_region()?  That would allow the address for DRAM 1 to be
within the 512MB window of KSEG[012].  I'm unclear whether the CPU_remap
addresses count as PHSYICAL or VIRTUAL addresses.

I'm guessing that my plan won't work since I tried it and it didn't
work.  My results were that the kernel booted but didn't report any
additional memory available via the 'free' command.

Thanks.

-James