Re: smp8634 add memory at dram1

James Zipperer wrote:

I'm running out of memory in linux on the smp86xx and attempting to implement this solution. Did you ever get it to work? No luck for me yet. I'm still a bit unclear why you must switch linux to run off DRAM 1 instead of leaving it on DRAM 0 and adding an additional call to add_memory_region in prom_init for DRAM 1. But then again, I haven't gotten that to work yet either :)

Any info/patches are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Typically DRAM 1 must be accessed through the TLB as its address lays outside of the 512MB window of KSEG[012].

The best way to make this memory available to Linux may still be up for debate.

David Daney