Re: implementation of software suspend on MIPS. (system log)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Hyon Lim wrote:

Thank you for comments.
The remain work of my software suspend on MIPS project is resume procedure.
I already confirmed that suspend function was work. (See my post which
contains system log).

In an i386 implementation, there are only few assembly code for suspend and
resume procedure.
(You can refer :
http://lxr.linux.no/source/arch/i386/power/swsusp.S?v=2.6.10)
So, my work will be similar with i386 implementation. Assembly code used in
i386 implementation are several processor context related job
and copy saved page to memory. Instruction used in my MIPS implementation
will be compatible to most of MIPS processor.
Because the instruction used in implementation is very basic (store and load
and branch).

I agree your opinion related to maintainability and readability. So I
implement my work with C and few assembly code.
Thank you for advice.

I look forward to your eventual success. :)