Re: implementation of software suspend on MIPS. (system log)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Hyon Lim wrote:

Yes. you're right. I did same as you said.
However, is there any options for disassembly with variable name?
Often I cannot find that variable's allocated register.
There is only r0,r1... but I want a comment for variable assignment status.

I just have to ask the question, but is it really necessary to code the whole thing in assembly? I understand that the interface probably does need to be, but the main body of the function? If it's very large or complicated, it would seem simpler to use C and write assembly glue to pull it all together rather than trying to debug hand assembly. Many of us here have spent hours before tracking down problems with stale data in branch delay slots. The compiler is a tad more convienient.

Regards,

-S-