Re: Advice needed.

> <cut>
>
>>The configuration structure is difficult to understand (even if you have
>>the C header containing the struct)
>>

> I don't have any header files for flash. Do you? In tarballs for BR,
> there is no source for utilities like flash.
> I'm trying to "decode" this structure, variable-by-variable. I have used
> your flash utility source

When Edimax was forced to release the sources, they released a different
source archive than the one currently available. That one contained some
more files than the current one does. I'll upload it today for you to
download it.

>>Just use the "flash" program.
>>

> The one, that comes with original firmware? But what about webs, as i
> looked into, this needs too some knowledge of flash datastructures.?

webs and the flash program share some sources. Originally, flash's sources
are contained in the LINUX directory of webs.

> About webs -> will try to add some printf for debugging, and see.

Ok, let me know what your results are.

> BTW, maybe the JP3 connector (just 12 little holes) is the JTAG. Will
> upload photo i think tomorrow. I have checked this with ohmometer and
> pin-map of 8186, and it seems to be JTAG + RESET+ something(?). You have
> published schema of JTAG cable, but what software shall anyone use?

That's a JTAG. But AFAIK no software can drive it yet (except maybe some
commercial software?). See forum.amilda.org, forum MODs for some
information that may be useful for you to experiment with jtag.

Sergio