Re: RFC: Sentosa boot fix

Daniel,

> > Surely because none of them define CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64:
>
> Huh - you're right, it must just be living in my local .config since
> back when it meant something different.

 It looks like the meaning is still the same (although the note about
binutils versions supported needs be adjusted) and you are free to change
what's provided by a default configuration to whatever you like.

 I have BUILD_ELF64 enabled for my SWARM configuration and I do not plan
to change it.  If there is a bug in the definition of __pa_page_offset()
for such a setup it should be fixed indeed.

 Also "-mno-explicit-relocs" was only required with the old hack to
truncate addresses at the assembly level -- where "-mabi=64 -Wa,-mabi=32"
was used.  The option should go now, yielding a small code size
improvement for inline assembly, where the "R" constraint is used.

  Maciej