Re: Cannot run N32 binaries.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> I've built an N32 root filesystem: all binaries and libs are "ELF 32-bit
> N32 MSB MIPS-III ..."
>
> The kernel (2.6.17.7, 64 bit) that I built does have:
>
> CONFIG_MIPS32_N32=y
>
> The filesystem doesn't boot: init cannot be found.
[...]
> Basically, for any executable that I try to run, the error is: "No such
> file or directory".

 For a start you could try running a statically linked shell as your
"init", like specifying "init=/bin/bash.static" at your kernel command
line.  If that works, check that your shared libraries are where the
shared loader expects them to be -- for n32 that could be "/lib32",
"/usr/lib32", etc., but it depends on how it has been built.  Note you can
invoke the loader manually to examine its behaviour (run it without
arguments to get some help) and then there are a couple of LD_*
environment variables that it recognizes that may aid you with figuring
out what is wrong (you may have to look at the sources for how to use them
though).

  Maciej