Re: Crosstools for MALTA MIPS in little endian

On 4/27/06, Ralf Baechle <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:12:54PM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> In case you're using the default configuration file, it's set to
> MIPS32R1 but the 4Kc is an R1 processor.  Are you sure you really have a
> 4Kc and not a 4Kec?  The latter is an R2 processor.

Argh.  I meant:

In case you're using the default configuration file, it's set to
MIPS32R2 but the 4Kc is an R1 processor.  Are you sure you really have a
4Kc and not a 4Kec?  The latter is an R2 processor.

  Ralf

I configured the kernel as required for 4Kc, but could not bring up the board. The configuration file is enclosed along with this mail (configured for big endian). As I mentioned in the other thread, the board comes up, when I replace arch/mips/mips-boards/generic/pci.c file in 2.6.16 kernel with the file from 2.6.10 with the appropriate changes required, to pci.c file. But, I am not sure, whether my approach is correct and what is going wrong with 2.6.16 kernel. Currently, I am looking into it. If any of you have idea, please let me know.

thanks,
--kishore