Re: initrd support.

Thiemo Seufer wrote:

Actually, there are three: - the generic initramfs method for compiled in initrds

Is there any docs for this floating around outside of the blurb on the LMO wiki?

Doing a few tests with this, I was unable to get a kernel to see the ramdisk. Despite there being an initramfs built into the kernel, there were no "RAMDISK: Compressed ramdisk found at block 0" messages, or no "checking if image is initramfs...it isn't (no cpio magic); looks like an initrd" messages that I've commonly seen with built-in ramdisks.

I figure in the end, either the problem is PEBKAC, invalid kernel command line params (root=/dev/ram0?), or broken code.

--Kumba

--
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond