Re: [patch] MIPS/gcc: Revert removal of DImode shifts for 32-bit targets

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 08:29:39AM +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> The patch I posted this week was in response to the request for
> wider-ranging target support:
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-08/msg00606.html

Ah.  I wasn't actually asking for wider target support.  I was
commenting that if we wanted something better, we'd have to add
new target support.  Sorry for the confusion.

> Is the new target hook really that invasive?  It doesn't affect any
> other code as such.

No... I guess not.  And it is a start if we ever do decide to
expand its meaning to replace S_C_T.

> The only change not directly related to the optabs expansion was the
> simplify-rtx.c thing, and like I said in my covering message, I think
> that code's bogus anyway ...

Agreed.

Ok, revised patch approved.

r~