Re: pci graphics card for malta running linux

On Maw, 2003-04-08 at 18:55, Earl Mitchell wrote:
> Does anybody have any good reccs for PCI graphcis cards I can use with
> Malta board running linux? Some linux device drivers assume x86. If
> you know some PCI cards that work with linux/mips on malta let me know
> (especially nVidia or ATI cards). Also any PCI sound cards that work
> too.

Nvidia and ATI cards require you run the BIOS firmware to boot them.
XFree86 can do that for the ATI at least. If you just need to ram
something into a box so you can see what is going up I'd suggest
getting an old voodoo1/voodoo2 off ebay. They report as multimedia
devices and the current kernel fb driver can bootstrap them from
cold on little or big endian systems with no bios support (tested
on parisc, x86 etc)

Not bad for <$10 a card although nobody has made Glide work big endian
so you can do 3D yet 8)

Alan