Re: Documentation on MIPS kernel options...

Steven J. Hill wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I have been having some correspondance with Eric Raymond (ESR)
> concerning MIPS configuration options. I have already sent him
> a fairly good sized list of descriptions for some MIPS options
> that will be utilized in the CML2 build system for the 2.5.x
> and 2.6.x series kernels. He sent me another list of items and
> I decided to ask those of you on the list to provide the
> descriptions. Please send me the descriptions and at the end of
> next week I will compile the results and send them off to
> Eric. Thanks.
>
> -Steve

> CONFIG_ARC_CONSOLE
> CONFIG_AU1000_UART

The uart on the Alchemy Au1000 is almost a 16550 but not quite.  I've
added support for that uart in the non-standard uart section in
drivers/char/Config.in.  This option is needed if you want uart support
for debug and/or serial console.

> CONFIG_EVB_PCI1
> CONFIG_FORWARD_KEYBOARD
> CONFIG_GDB_CONSOLE

> CONFIG_IT8172_REVC

An older version of the IT8172 system controller what has slightly
different pci mem windows. However, I don't think we need to support
this anymore so I plan on dumping this asap.

> CONFIG_IT8172_SCR0
> CONFIG_IT8172_SCR1

On the IT8172 system controller, Smart Card Reader 0 and 1.

> CONFIG_SYSCLK_100
> CONFIG_SYSCLK_75
> CONFIG_SYSCLK_83

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,

Pete