Re: Binary compatibility break understood ?

Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> > There's the patch. It's not much but it is correct. I have built multiple
>
> But it's not complete.  AFAIK remember you posted a patch with some
> more changes and HJ even suggested to remove the rtld-ldscript.in file.

I had this discussion with Ralf. He had reasons to not remove this
file altogether. Perhaps some input from him would be prudent. Ralf?!

> I need an update for the FAQ that explains which binutils version is
> required for MIPS and I prefer to have a test that checks on
> MIPS-Linux for the correct emulation in ld.

As far as the versions for binutils:

   HJLu binutils-2.11.90.0.5 or greater
   CVS binutils
   binutils 2.11.1? (I'm not sure what the next release number is)

For the correct ld emulation, I assume you mean make changes in glibc
to check for the proper target 'elf[32|64]trad[little|big]mips'?

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: 'http://www.cotw.com/pubkey.txt'