Re: Binary compatibility break understood ?

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 09:59:55AM +0200, Tom Appermont wrote:

> > > Could you explain a bit more - I'd like to understand the whole issue.
> >
> > The whole point was to switch from our IRIX ELF flavoured binaries to
> > standard ABI ELF.  These two variants are close but not identical which
> > for example made modutils missbehave.
>
> What is the current status on this? The patches for the tools are already
> integrated in their cvs trees (right?). But I don't think everybody was
> happy with this in the end, aspecially the people wearing debian hats.
> Is anybody working on a solution, or are we waiting for the debian people
> to rebuild all the packages?

As the binary compatibility is not going to break we dont need to rebuild.
I wasnt really happy with the answer of ralf as it brought me nothing
nearer in the understanding of the whole issue. But asking 3 times
to get a fully explanation on where the problem is, what breaks,
and how to fix is enough.

I'll lean back, continue building .debs and wait for others to fix it.

Flo