Re: PHP module spams httpd error.log

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 06:27:46PM -0500, Ed Hynan wrote:

> Running the script with the command line php is fine.  It's
> an issue with libming being reused, which happens in each Apache
> child.  It doesn't matter how many; sorry I caused confusion
> thinking out loud in my last message.
>
> The ming module init zm_activate_ming() gets called for each
> php script (regardless of whether the script uses ming).  And
> each time zm_activate_ming() calls Ming_init() in the library.
>
> Suppressing the warning in error.log is easy in either the
> ming php module, or in the ming library (move the static int
> in Ming_useSWFVersion() to global||file scope and have Ming_init()
> assign it zero).  I guess either would be safe if Apache or
> the like uses several distinct processes; but what if a server
> is using threads?  How much state is kept in globals?

Well, libming is clearly not completely thread safe, so let's not
bother about that right now. Rather, the apache case seems
interesting. That's simply a matter of calling Ming_init multiple
times from within the same process. I'd think it is the PHP module
responsibility to avoid that.

--strk;

what comes below this line is just spam, dont bother scrolling...

    still here ?