Re: PHP module spams httpd error.log

On 12/05/2011 09:31 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 12:26:32PM -0500, Ed Hynan wrote:
>
>> EH: zm_activate_ming -- first init
>> EH: zm_activate_ming -- first init
>> EH: zm_activate_ming -- first init
>> EH: zm_activate_ming -- first init
>> EH: zm_activate_ming -- first init
>
> I guess these are coming from the different apache childs.

You're right of course.

> In order to reduce your testing framework see if everything
> goes smooth outside of apache.

Running the script with the command line php is fine.  It's
an issue with libming being reused, which happens in each Apache
child.  It doesn't matter how many; sorry I caused confusion
thinking out loud in my last message.

The ming module init zm_activate_ming() gets called for each
php script (regardless of whether the script uses ming).  And
each time zm_activate_ming() calls Ming_init() in the library.

Suppressing the warning in error.log is easy in either the
ming php module, or in the ming library (move the static int
in Ming_useSWFVersion() to global||file scope and have Ming_init()
assign it zero).  I guess either would be safe if Apache or
the like uses several distinct processes; but what if a server
is using threads?  How much state is kept in globals?

- Ed