Re: kerning with Ming

> > This kerning patch changes the expected results in a Gnash test for
> > TextSnapshot (misc-ming.all/TextSnapshotTest.c for anyone interested);
> > is there a way to turn it off? If not, we will have problems dealing
> > with different ming versions.
>
> I guess the only way to be version-independent would be for Gnash
> to use a font with no kerning informations in it.
> Don't think it's worth providing for Ming a way to not use kernings.

I can't find any description of what's changed in ming. Is there a
commit log or an updated changelog anywhere?

If I look at the difference in the files generated before and after the
commits, it seems that the glyph advance values in the DEFINEFONT2 tag
have changed, not any kerning information.

The fdb file we use hasn't changed at all in the last two years. Does
this mean that it has always had kerning information, but that this
wasn't used by ming when calculating advance values?

If so, how do we remove the kerning from an fdb file?

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/