Basic question

Well, here's a simple question ... hopefully .... although I am well
frustrated!

I've been writing/learning some actionScript, using the latest release
of Ming. I have a really simple class definition that I want to keep in
another file. I've read that I can't use 'import' or 'include', but
instead that ming will load the correct file when I use the class.

if I have some actionScript:

var test = new testClass;
class testClass {
   public var potato = 5;
}

Wahoo, test.potato == 5

But if I put the class in a file called 'testClass', or 'testClass.as'
(in the same dir as my perl script) potato is undefined.

I read that I need to use the com.domain.class standard, so I saved my
class as actionScript/testClass.as and tried "var test = new
actionScript.testClass;", but no luck. I also tried naming my class
"actionScript.testClass" too. I've also tried every other combination of
everything that I can think of ....

The only thing I DO know is that apparently I don't load external
actionScript files the way that all the actionScript doco says, by using
?import?

Any help?

Much appreciated

Very embarrassed to be asking something that is so incredibly basic in
absolutely every other language I deal with!

Hayden