Re: Basic question

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:35:43PM +0700, Hayden Andrews wrote:
> Well, here's a simple question ... hopefully .... although I am well
> frustrated!
>
> I've been writing/learning some actionScript, using the latest release
> of Ming. I have a really simple class definition that I want to keep in
> another file. I've read that I can't use 'import' or 'include', but
> instead that ming will load the correct file when I use the class.

Where did you read this ? I can't confirm that happens, at all!
Maybe you're reading documentation of something else :)

Ming doesn't support the 'import' AS statement.

What I usually do is use the makeswf(1) utility which comes with Ming.
That tool passes each source file under the C preprocessor which comes
very handy for #include and compile-time configuration (debug on/off for
example).
Of course you can't create assets with that tool alone, but for the pure
actionscript part it's very helpful.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!