Re: [approved] [sr #105343] message digests

On June 1, 2006 at 09:21, NOW Web Sites Coordinator wrote:

> I can't find anything in the RFC that says they shouldn't use it:
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html but yes you're right, it's a problem
> when I archive the messages.

The RFC does not explicitly prohibit it, but it is a matter of what
is good practice, especially in the world of spam.

> Is there any way I can turn off mhonarc writing the message id in the
> HTML?  It's not an option to change list software.

Have a look at:
http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=mhonarc-users&i=200604290051.k3T0pJmp002548%40gator.earlhood.com

and the PRINTXCOMMENTS resource in the mhonarc documentation.

--ewh