Re: yearly indexes

Rob Shepherd wrote:
... the mail is delivered into thunderbird and this does the filtering to give me an mbox which I weekly archive.

<snip>

Which bits of mhonarc and mharc should I actually look at to achieve what I need to do...

MHonArc does not handle archive division by month or year at all. mharc does, which is the reason why Earl suggested it.

A long time ago, Earl handed me this script: http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/mhonarc-users/1999-11/msg00075.html

I wasn't interested in archive division at that time, but the script was designed for handling it (I think). However, making use of such a script does require Perl knowledge (unlike most other MHonArc stuff).

maybe there is a bit of mharc which can help me do the yearly indexing...

but which bit!!

Guess you have to put a little effort to study the mharc docs to find out.

But it's not necessary to automate the process. Since you still seem to do much of the work manually, you could simply start a new MHonArc archive once a year and manually create an umbrella index page.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson