Re: A newbie's question

At 11/11/04 4:35 PM -0600, Earl Hood wrote:
You can create a pre-filter script to translate CRs to LFs.  For
example, if you can run a unix (e.g. bash) shell, something like
the following will work:

  tr '\r' '\n' < mailbox | mhonarc -- -

Change "mailbox" to the name of your Eudora mailbox file.  If you have
options you need to pass to mhonarc, put them between "mhonarc" and
the "--".  See <http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/usage.html#stdin>
for more information.

Earl:

That did the trick, thanks. I did it using OS X's "Terminal" which runs (or is) tcsh. That probably makes more sense to you than it does to me.

I've got to admit that I feel like a fish out of water when it comes to using MHonArc, but each time I work with it I feel like I'm learning something and getting closer to achieving my end goal.

--
Regards,

DewGuy1999