Re: Out of memory error!

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 03:06:45PM -0500, Earl Hood wrote:
> On July 5, 2004 at 15:27, saf wrote:
>
> > > Check your resource files for any unclosed tags.
> >
> > I checked the resource file, I closed all unclosed tags, but it takes still t
> > oo many RAM (more than 2 Gbytes).
>
> Please provide pointers to your resource files.  MHonArc has some
> restrictions on the format.  For example, start and end tags MUST be
> on their own lines.
>
> > Perhaps you can try yourself with this file and see if you can optimize mhona
> > rc:
> > http://www.xy1.org/netfilter.mbox.bz2
> >
> > For example is it possible to compress the used memory in Perl?
>
> It looks like things die on the first message from the sample terminal
> output you provided, hence my suspicion of a malformed resource setting.
> Running on an old PII system, I am unable to get past the first message
> from netfilter.mbox.bz2.
>
> As a comparison, start a test run using mhonarc defaults (no resource
> files).  If you get a bunch of dots spitting out during the run, then
> you know there is some resource set in your resource files triggering
> the problem.
>
> BTW, since the mbox is large, I recommend breaking things up into smaller
> archives, like by month.  Have a look at <http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/>
> for an example.

mharc was exactly the tool I searched, because I began to code my own
archive code. Good, I tested it but I got:

Unable to load MHonArc: Can't locate mhamain.pl in @INC (@INC contains:
/home/saf/tmp/mharc-0.7.3/lib ./bin/../lib /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./bin/mhonarc-check line 43.

with the command make configure

I seeked for the file:
saf:/home/saf/tmp/mharc-0.7.3# find . | grep -i mhamain
saf:/home/saf/tmp/mharc-0.7.3#

hmmm where is the file?

--
saf