Re: CSS & MHonArc markup experiment

On March 9, 2004 at 13:29, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> 1) In many places mhonarc generates unclosed tags such as <br>. We
> changed that to <br/>, but perhaps <br /> would be better.

This can be done by changing layout resources, not the code.

> 2) We delete characters that are invalid XML characters.

There is the CHARSETCONVERTERS and TEXTENCODE resources for
controling how characters are converted.  With TEXTENCODE, you
can convert everything to UTF-8.

> 3) We escape <, > and & with &lt; &gt; &amp;

MHonArc already does this.

> There are a number of additional things that need to be done in the
> configuration file in order to generate valid XML documents, but the
> items above are the changes to the actual Perl code.

And I'm curious if any real code changes were required.

If you can provide more details on what you did, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

--ewh