Re: Spam due to MHonArc list archives?

Earl Hood wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
I have just deserted my main email address because of the volume
of spam that is being sent to it.

I have no plans of deserting my main mail address, and I receive over 300 spam messages a day.

How do you stand it?? I had about one tenth of that, and still found it worth the inconvenience of changing address.

Personally, I think that people who are concerned about receiving spam, should do what you are now doing, do not provide a real
address to public messages.

Technically it's real, even if it forwards to /dev/null. :) But yes, I'm posting from that address, and by providing a link to a contact form, I'm still easily reachable via the list messages (including the archived ditto). I find it to be a decent solution, and I won't be affected personally of how this list is archived in the future.

However, I understand the problems spam has on people. Therefore, I will take a poll (via a separate message to the list) on what
other users think.

Thanks for taking my concern seriously, Earl.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson